Friday, June 26, 2009

In Her Shoes

One of the things I miss about working right now is my shoes. I look longingly at the heels in the shoe department knowing I need canvas sneakers.

Old Shoes
New Shoes

The new shoes are comfortable and functional. My feet don't hurt at the end of the day, but glamorous, they ain't.

I can highly recommend this as the ideal sahm shoe. It holds up well on the grassy fields of little league, doesn't disappoint on a family bike ride, and is comfortable for browsing the aisles of the grocery store.

It is the Lands End Women's Toe Strap Mary Jane Trekker. After much hand wringing, I purchased mine in Coral Orange which I have found to work with most outfits. It is actually hard for me not to wear them every day.

Let's face it, for shoes a lot of what's important is how they make you feel. My old shoes made me feel sexy and powerful. My new shoes make me feel, well, how can I say this...practical and utilitarian.

4 comments:

  1. Amen, sistah. I feel your shoe pain and love your blurb about it. My former-life shoes are more me than the practical shoes I sport around town. Exception: flip-flops, love my wide variety of flips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... I haven't worn anything but tevas and tennies since moving. OK - a couple interviews I wore something different but everything is so casual here. I haven't even worn my sexy boots I bought last winter... or GEEZ, I guess its been two winters ago now. Sigh, time flies when you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear Teva flip flops or the ever sexy Keen Mary Janes (The straps are so frayed they hang by a thread.). My shoes look great with jeans or capri's or the ever-cool "mom" shorts. How do I have "mom" clothing now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful collection of those shoes!! New red pair is looking fabulous!! I too got one from Lands End...

    ReplyDelete