Saturday, April 3, 2010

No-Rise Cinnamon Rolls

As this photo



got more clicks than almost any other in my project 365 series, I figure you guys probably want the recipe.  Well, it's not mine.  These are the brainchild of The Leftoverist and they are brilliant.

I've been on the prowl for a long time for the right cinnamon roll that I could make in the morning with no advance planning for rising.  The perfect yeast-free roll.

I only use her instructions for the dough.  I also just buy whatever cottage cheese I happen to grab.  I like the cleaner flavor of fewer spices in my rolls, so I've changed that up a bit and her baking instructions are spot on.  Another time and bowl saver is to sift the dry ingredients right into the food processor.

After they are rolled out, I spread about 4T of melted, cooled butter then sprinkle liberally with cinnamon and dark or light brown sugar.  When they come out of the oven, I will drizzle confectioner's sugar mixed with whatever I have on hand which is usually buttermilk (with a dash of vanilla), orange juice or lemon juice.

These are becoming a staple in the weekend breakfast rotation around here and yes, the four of us will consume ALL TWELVE the same day.

Let me know in the comments if you'd like me to post the recipe with my (slight) revisions for your ease of use and I'm happy to do it.

You still have time to make these for Easter!

2 comments:

  1. How delish looking are they!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I'm going to put this on my list of things I want to try. I'm sure they wouldn't last one day in my house either!

    ReplyDelete