Friday, July 24, 2009

Mid-Summer Feast with Friends


A couple of nights ago, our dear friends who are living in Luxembourg were in town and we were able to put together a dinner party with a third family we've been friends with forever.

Katy requested a meal I made last summer to be repeated exactly the same as last time. She knows me well enough to know that I couldn't possibly do that ;). I made the same menu, but with a few additions.

The picture is of my plate of leftovers last night that I thought still looked pretty.

THE MENU
sauteed calamari
marinated olives
hummus
pita
tzatziki
tabouli
vegetables grilled with garlic, ginger and chiles
greek salad
Our friends brought a fantastic shortcake scone affair with homemade vanilla ice cream and blueberries.

The food aside, we had beautiful weather, five relatively well behaved kids and all in all a lovely time catching up on the patio. We miss these guys and it went by too fast.

2 comments:

  1. oooo, what a lovely (delicious) picture. We had such a wonderful evening. It was great to catch up over the most wonderful meal imaginable. Still licking my lips. I'm just going to go ahead and request it again for our next visit. Thanks for a great evening!

    Let us know when the kids are headed to farm and you're headed to us! Not joking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I had a strong urge to make tabouli yesterday -- I nearly ran out to the grocery store to buy ingredients in the middle of the night.

    Thank you for your kind comments on Burning Pasta; it's great to know that folks are enjoying it. Take care!

    ReplyDelete