Saturday, September 26, 2009

Popovers

Angry Chicken recently made a batch of popovers and boy did that take me back!



My favorite aunt gave me my own Betty Crocker cookbook for my 12th birthday and one of the first things I learned to make was popovers. Four ingredients, a simple method and a hot oven make them a good introduction to baking.


I used to whip up a batch, cover them with a tea towel and rush them next door to share with my grandparents. They are the perfect foil for the jams I made this summer.


I overcome the sticking in the muffin tin problem with a generous spray of Pam baking spray. Chemical, yes. Sticking, no.


These are a blank canvas and are good with herbs or a smallish amount of shredded cheese in them as an accompaniment to roasted meats (Hello Fall!)

3 comments:

  1. yay banner!!! Love the sunflower! Go JFTB Go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog title made me laugh.

    Found you via Keri's laid off blog. Good luck with you too! I'm in the same boat.

    Btw, that looks good. Yum. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thankful - your blog is an oasis of peace and will be a regular stop for me now.

    Thanks for reading!

    SS

    ReplyDelete