Monday, June 22, 2009

Mommy and Me

I took advantage of a few more paid days of preschool/daycare for Big Red so that Tank and I could have some quality time just the two of us.
It's easy to forget, when you have two kids, that each of them needs dedicated time with each parent. It had been far too long since T and I had a little one on one.


We dropped Big Red off and Tank was a total celebrity. It's been two years since he left the school and kids and teachers all remembered him and were excited to see him. He looked so BIG among all the little squirts.


First stop: Top Pot...for chocolate milk and a doughnut the size of his head.


Then, we went and made a hand print plate to match the one we have of Big Red at the paint your own pottery place.
After that, we did the playground, lunch out, a few errands, and then I let him play baseball in the cul-de-sac with the older boys for a little bit. The day is capped off with swimming lessons.


It was wonderful to have some time just the two of us and we will always have the plate to remember today. When we were eating lunch I was thinking that there was nowhere I would rather be...

No comments:

Post a Comment