Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Scenes from a retreat

My gal pals and I had a fabu time in our little corner of paradise.  We laughed, we cried, we cooked, we ate, we stitched, we bitched, we took walks and watched movies, we stayed up late and rose early. 

The ladies even surprised me with a birthday celebration.  I have been overwhelmed by the love and support of my family and friends in recent months and my birthday was no exception.  More on that soon.

My only regret is not relaxing more.  I know it sounds silly, but I really chained myself to my sewing machine like it was a sweatshop.  What I get in return is the satisfaction of completing or furthering many projects.  I even got to experiment with the movie mode on my camera (which shows I am not a filmmaker, but it turned out okay). You can see some shots of the retreat in my Flickr photo group (linked at the top of this page).  Here are some of my favorites.  I'll post shots of my crazy productivity soon.

Front of the lodge with our two far flung travelers.

One of the views from the deck

Layering is best done together

Jane Austen film fest

Quilts in the sun.

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic way to spend a weekend! Glad you had the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! Looks like so much fun! Ahhh to quilt again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. soo wonderful. wish I was there. the picture of you all with your quilts is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like girlfriend getaways! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! That is so what I need! I'm a sahm of four kids. Need I say more?

    ReplyDelete