Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mommy Track'd?

Now that the summer is almost half over(?!), it's sadly time for me to ramp up my job search. Current economics don't allow me the luxury of staying home permanently just now.

Thus, the anxiety sets in. Will I be able to find something before the unemployment runs out? Will the new job meet or exceed my previous compensation package? Will it be work that is interesting and/or challenging? Will I be able to sync up childcare, after school care, the start of a new job and whatever commute that entails? Will I stop going to gym and start having cookies every day at 3pm when I'm back in an office?

Should I try to keep from becoming too attached to this time and this closeness with the boys because I know it's fleeting and it will hurt to leave it?

I know I should just stop being so self-pitying and be grateful for the time that I do have. It's Anxiety Week at suddenly sahm...

1 comment:

  1. Duuuude!!!!! So many questions, so little time.

    I counsel a nice stiff drink before any further contemplation, okay?

    ReplyDelete