Monday, November 15, 2010

Jet Lag

What do you do when you can't sleep at 3 am?  Why, you play around a bit with your blog, of course and try to decide how early you can go to work.  I'm not sweating the jet lag much as I leave again in a little over 24 hours for Cancun...that should shave a couple of hours off my problem.

The last few weeks were a whirlwind.  I'm pretty exhausted and really don't feel like leaving again.  I'm only home for two days, so it's hard to get back into the swing of my home life when I know I just have to leave.

Getting off the plane from London, I gave myself a little pep talk about how I wasn't going to totally embarass myself when I saw my family in the airport (but of course I did).  I blew through people, running to them and nearly knocked them over such was the force of my hug.

I added a new feature to the blog on the right side tonight (this morning?) the links to the monthly photo summaries from the year.  The end of project 365 is in sight and though I didn't execute it perfectly, it's still a meaningful look back for me.

The new banner photo is one I took in the Madrid airport around 5am.  I'm really looking forward to waking up Saturday morning in my own bed and knowing that I don't have to leave again any time soon.

Here is a photo of me taken on The Eye in London on Friday afternoon.

It was raining, but that couldn't dampen my enthusiasm!

I really love London and it was wonderful having a bit of time to explore on my own.  My colleagues left for Rome late Friday afternoon, so I spent the evening at the National Gallery and roaming around.  The next morning I walked all the way to Harrod's in Knightsbridge and back to my hotel at Charing Cross before flying out.  I must look at home in London because people kept asking me for directions!

This is a photo of our hotel.  It is directly across the water from The Eye and I can't say enough about how wonderful it was.  My favorite of all the places we've stayed (thus far).
It's called The Royal Horseguards and you can read about its' history here.

1 comment:

  1. You were oh-so-close to me when you were in London! I'm so glad you enjoyed 'my' city.

    ReplyDelete