Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Meatless Monday


Okay, it's Tuesday.  Meatless Monday was yesterday.  But, hey, it's never too soon to start planning for next Monday!

This one's easy, but I only took one picture which makes me unbelievably lame.  It is summer and we know I am lame in summer.  Wait til fall.  I'm awesome in the fall; it's my time, so to speak.  Getting on with it.  This is a stir fry. 

1 14 oz. container firm or extra firm tofu, sliced into cubes
1 7 oz. package mushroom flavor udon noodles
~8 c. mixed chopped vegetables (I used a baby bok choy (stems and leaves) a handful of mushrooms, half of a white onion (sliced), small broccoli florets, sliced carrots, summer squash and red pepper.)

Separate the udon noodles and run them under hot water to soften slightly.  Saute the veg.  When it is about 2/3 there, add the tofu.  About two minutes later add the udon noodles with water and seasoning packet as instructed on the package.  Saute one more minute and serve.  This makes four hearty servings.  The tofu makes it more filling that a plain veggie stir fry.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment