Monday, May 24, 2010

The Happiness Project

As you see in the "turning these pages" section of the blog on the lower right corner, I am reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.



I don't remember where I heard about this book, but it came up in my library holds and while I am between Twilight books (yes, you can snicker) I'm going through this one.

The book is chaptered by month and so far I have read January and February which are about energy and marriage, respectively.  A lot of this is common sense about things we can do to make us feel better, but some of it is new, and much of it is based on her extensive research.

The reason I'm calling attention to it in a post is that she has started a site for people to build their own happiness project, and I thought that might be a useful bit of information for y'all.  If you click on the picture of the book below, it also takes you to her site.

So, just a little something from me to you on this grey (here) Monday morning.

To clarify, if you aren't from or haven't spent any time in Seattle, mornings are grey pretty much from September to June.  Forks (of Twilight fame) is after all only a short drive away. (Yes, I am obsessed with Twilight).

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I saw this being reviewed on another blog. I shall have to see if my library has it. My sister is a huge fan of the Twilight books, and she is older than you, so don't worry!!

    ReplyDelete