Thursday, November 26, 2009

Today I am Thankful

Okay, well, not today, because I am writing this a day ahead of time...sneaky little bugger Suddenly Sahm.  I will be thankful tomorrow which is today now that you are reading it.  Okay, that was fun, but enough.

Some of you may be taking a break from the fam and need a little pick me up internets style, so this post is for you.  This is a gratitude list.  The boys and I will also make construction paper leaves and leave them out with pens for people to write what they are grateful for on them before dinner.
  • I am thankful for my husband who takes care of me in every sense of that phrase and is still the most amazing man I've ever met...eleven years after I met him.
  • I am thankful for my beautiful, healthy children for whom I strive to be a good enough mother.  I read once and subscribe to the opinion that you don't have to be a perfect mother, you have to be good enough, and good enough for your kids, nobody else's.
  • I am thankful for my extended family and friends who support me and love me even when I am hard to support and love.
  • I am thankful that my mother and I seem to be reaching a deeper level of connection the older I (we) get.
  • I am thankful for my sister who is always, always there for me.
  • I am thankful that I have a warm, safe, comfortable home.
  • I am thankful that eleven people are letting me make them dinner today, my favorite holiday and I am thankful that I have the means to do it.
  • I am thankful that I have this time at home, my with kids, to explore this life.
  • I am thankful that I have this place to write what I'm thinking, doing, feeling and that some of you read it and it might inspire you, amuse you, or make you think about something in a new way.  Thank you for listening to me.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment