Monday, October 26, 2009

snapshots

My life in pictures lately...

play-doh creatures on the kitchen window
Ikea basil?? We'll see.

soup.

my favorite pumpkin patch picture.



OMG. How did I never know about this??? This is what happens when you simmer a can of sweetened condensed milk completely covered in water and with a lid on for 3 hours. You get toffee/caramel and it is the most wonderful thing in the whole world. This from a salt tooth.




My sister's toes being enrobed in red polish before she smudged them...twice.




Tart dough. You will never see before pictures and by that I mean the stages before this stage. it ain't pretty. I'm a pastry school flunkie.


Aforementioned tart shell with godhead toffee/caramel.



Port/prune/shallot sauce for the pork you are about to meet.


Seared and rubbed with sage/olive oil/sea salt and lots of pepper.


That's all folks.

3 comments:

  1. this may be my favorite SAHM post ever!! i'll be stealing the format, btw. so what do you do with the caramel/toffee canned milk brew? i saw another post about this stuff. i'll send you the link. last comment . . . what time is dinner because i'm drooling looking at that pork. you do know your way around a piece of pig, jftb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here is the post i saw:

    http://jojoebi.blogspot.com/2009/09/dulce-de-leche.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you put bananas on top of the pie? My friend was making banoffi pie when she burnt her face with the hot caramel! The can exploded when she started to take the lid off - that's what happens if you don't let it cool down.
    I am almost licking the screen looking at that pork - ohhhh my!

    ReplyDelete